No injuries in Calumet Township chimney fire
Published: Jan. 11, 2023 at 5:04 PM EST
CALUMET TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WLUC) - No one was injured in a chimney fire at a home in Calumet Township Wednesday afternoon.
The Houghton County Sheriff’s Office says the fire was reported at 54927 M-26 at around 2:10 p.m.
According to the sheriff department, the home suffered roof and chimney damage. There was moderate smoke and water damage to the upstairs. The main cause of the heavy smoke coming from the eaves was spray foam insulation.
The Calumet Township Fire Department was assisted on scene by the Laurium and Hubbell Fire Departments, Mercy Ambulance and the Michigan State Police.
Copyright 2023 WLUC. All rights reserved.