Advertisement

UPDATE: Fire destroys Humboldt Township home

There were no injuries
Published: Apr. 22, 2021 at 9:35 PM EDT|Updated: Apr. 23, 2021 at 3:15 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

HUMBOLDT TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WLUC) - FRIDAY AFTERNOON UPDATE: Fire has destroyed a single family home in western Marquette County.

According to homeowner, they believe the fire started in the ceiling and was possibly electrical. Fire personnel have not yet confirmed this or given an official cause for the fire.

Firefighters on scene say three people were inside the home when the fire started. They all got out safely. Flames were shooting out of the roof and smoke could be seen from several miles away. The home is a total loss.

The home also reignited Friday morning, but was put out quickly.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

ORIGINAL STORY: Fire has destroyed a single family home in western Marquette County.

The fire broke out around 6:30 p.m. Thursday in Humboldt Township. Firefighters were called to 4079 County Road FB about a half mile west of M-95.

Firefighters on scene say three people were inside the home when the fire started. They all got out safely.

Flames were shooting out of the roof and smoke could be seen from several miles away. The home is a total loss.

All western Marquette County fire departments were called to the scene, under mutual aid agreements. The departments on scene were Humboldt Township, Champion Township, Republic Township, Michigamme-Spurr Township, and Ishpeming Township.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available. There’s no word yet on the cause of the fire.

Copyright 2021 WLUC. All rights reserved.